Formal Causation in Aristotle and in Analytic Metaphysics and Philosophy of Science
Formale Verursachung bei Aristoteles und in der Analytischen Metaphysik und Wissenschaftsphilosophie
- CFP (Extended deadline: 30 November 2019) "Forms, Kinds, Essences": We are editing a special issue of Logical Analysis and History of Philosophy. Do contact us for any questions. For the complete call, see the journal website.
Press release: Philosophy and Science (29.08.2019)
Kann die moderne Wissenschaft von Philosophie profitieren? „Auf jeden Fall“, unterstreicht Privatdozent Dr. Ludger Jansen vom Institut für Philosophie der Universität Rostock. Denn das Nachdenken über die Grundlagen der Wissenschaft gehört seit jeher zur Aufgabe der Philosophen.
- A press release, in German, has been published on our project: Warum der Wal keine Kiemen hat — Rostocker Philosophen erforschen eine bisher vernachlässigte Art der Erklärung.
- On the 22-23 October we organised, if we may say so ourself, a highly successful workshop. A total of 14 talks made it into a fairly tight schedule, although the quality of the talks and the audience made it not too difficult to follow the talks. All in all there were 32 participants, including the speakers and organisers, from 9 different countries. We are currently working on an edited collection of papers, which will include many of the contributions from the workshop.
- Both Ludger and Petter gave talks at the GAP satellite workshop, organized by SPoT, Change and Change-Makers.
- Petter Sandstad recently gave a paper at this years SOPhiA graduate conference in Salzburg, with the title Aristotle's Posterior Analytics: Euclidean Axiomatic Sciences or Husserlian Regional Ontologies?
- A brief presentation of the project was given in Castello di Falconara during the summer school Aristotle's Metaphysics - Yesterday and Today (3-6 September).
- Paper presentation at the 92nd Joint Session of the Aristotelian Society and the Mind Association, Open Session, Oxford, 08.07.2018. Read the draft paper.