Formal Causation in Aristotle and Analytic Metaphysics and Philosophy of Science
Formale Verursachung bei Aristoteles und in der Analytischen Metaphysik und Wissenschaftsphilosophie
- A press release, in German, has been published on our project: Warum der Wal keine Kiemen hat — Rostocker Philosophen erforschen eine bisher vernachlässigte Art der Erklärung.
- On the 22-23 October we organised, if we may say so ourself, a highly successful workshop. A total of 14 talks made it into a fairly tight schedule, although the quality of the talks and the audience made it not too difficult to follow the talks. All in all there were 32 participants, including the speakers and organisers, from 9 different countries. We are currently working on an edited collection of papers, which will include many of the contributions from the workshop.
- Both Ludger and Petter gave talks at the GAP satellite workshop, organized by SPoT, Change and Change-Makers.
- Petter Sandstad recently gave a paper at this years SOPhiA graduate conference in Salzburg, with the title Aristotle's Posterior Analytics: Euclidean Axiomatic Sciences or Husserlian Regional Ontologies?
- A brief presentation of the project was given in Castello di Falconara during the summer school Aristotle's Metaphysics - Yesterday and Today (3-6 September).
- Paper presentation at the 92nd Joint Session of the Aristotelian Society and the Mind Association, Open Session, Oxford, 08.07.2018. Read the draft paper.